Frequently Asked Questions about LoopEdge:
What is LoopEdge?
How can I try LoopEdge?
How do I access LoopEdge?
- Enter the IP address into a browser running on the same network as the LoopEdge device.
- For example, enter https://192.168.1.49, into the address bar.
What browsers does LoopEdge support?
- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari.
I am new to LoopEdge, how do I get started?
I Need to Perform a Fresh Install. Can I Reuse the Same License?
How Do I Upgrade to a New Version of LoopEdge Without Doing a Fresh Install?
- You will need a .upd file for the new version and a currently installed version of LoopEdge that supports upgrades to the new version. See the LoopEdge Upgrades page for details on which version you will need to start from and the Device Reboot and Upgrade for details on how to begin the upgrade process from LoopEdge.
Can I use LoopEdge without LoopCloud?
- Yes, you can use LoopEdge without LoopCloud. You can collect data from a device and visualize data through LoopEdge with the DeviceHub and LoopFlows components.
What devices and drivers are supported?
What is the function of DataHub?
What happens when I configure a DataHub Cloud Connector?
- DataHub extensively supports LoopCloud features. Once a DataHub Cloud Connector is configured, the device will appear online in LoopCloud.
What is the DeviceHub?
Do I need to configure both DeviceHub and DataHub or are they independent?
- These LoopEdge components are independent and need separate configurations. Both configurations are required to get the maximum value out of LoopEdge.
- DeviceHub needs to be configured for southbound connections to PLCs.
- DataHub needs to be configured for northbound connections. Activation from LoopCloud will configure a DataHub Cloud Connector. Enable the cloud connector to send data to the cloud and connect local topics to the cloud connector in DataHub.
What is LoopFlows?
- LoopFlows offers flow-based programming with a drag-and-drop flow editor. It is for data manipulation, data normalization, and visualization.
How can I push a flow to many devices?
- LoopFlows has an import/export feature to share flows.
Why doesn't the LoopFlows "export to clipboard" option copy the data to the clipboard?
What is the purpose of a Device Tag in DeviceHub?
Why is my device not connecting to LoopEdge?
- Try double-checking connection parameters and firewall settings.
Why don't I see all device attributes, such as manufacturer and model number, in the device INFO tab?
- Devices send these attributes to LoopEdge. There is a special OMA object designated for this purpose.
- You can always update these attributes manually with the Device Details form
How can I remotely manage the device?
- Use the Loop RemoteAccess service, along with LoopEdge and LoopCloud configurations.
Is it possible to connect via external authentication?
- Yes. You can use LDAP/Active Directory. In the LoopEdge navigation panel, select System > LDAP/AD Auth.
Can we program a PLC using LoopEdge?
- The PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) needs to be already programmed. LoopEdge reads the PLC data.
Can I SSH into the machine running LoopEdge software?
Why is LoopEdge using a lot of my networks bandwidth or data limit?
- Try setting the polling interval for DeviceHub Tags to be a longer amount of time. Polling PLC registers too often may cause too much data to be sent over the network that LoopEdge is connected to.