There are many advantages to setting up a private network of devices that need to be managed remotely. Much like a virtual private network (VPN), this software-defined network enables:
- Access to devices no matter where in the world they reside
- Access to devices for troubleshooting
Using the network's unique Node ID as a secure token, an end-to-end handshake between devices ensures a direct, secure connection.
To configure remote access to a LoopEdge gateway:
Create a LoopEdge model by selecting the MQTT plain TCP connection. See Create a Device Model.
Note that the model's JASON schema includes a remote network parameter.
- From the LoopEdge model, create a device. See Add a Device from a Model.
- In the navigation panel, go to Device Mgmt > Devices to view the newly created device in the list.
- In the Action list, click Activate.
- In the Activation Code pop-up, copy the click the
- In the navigation panel, go to System > Device Management.
- Under Cloud Activation, paste the activation code that is in the clipboard.