Activating a device on LoopCloud enables seamless integration between the device and LoopCloud. While it is possible to manually configure the connection by manually adding a cloud connector yourself, device activation will automatically set up Cloud Connectors for you.
This page details the instructions for configuring cloud connectivity for LoopEdge-to-LoopCloud connectivity.
Configure Cloud Connectivity
Steps to Configure LoopEdge to LoopCloud Connectivity
It is recommended to log in to both LoopCloud and LoopEdge so that you can copy and paste the required information for connecting these platforms.
Create a LWM2M. DTLS connection. Pre-shared keys mode Model. It is also recommended to add MQTT connection parameters to the model. See Create a Device Model for further details.
- From the LoopEdge model, create a LoopEdge Device. See Add a Device from a Model.
- In the LoopCloud navigation panel, go to Device Mgmt > Devices to view the newly created device in the list.
In the device's Action list, click Status and select Activate.
NoteThis one-time-only code is valid for only 60 seconds. Be sure to take the following LoopEdge steps immediately, or have the window open already.
In the Activation Code pop-up, click theicon to copy the code to the clipboard.
- In the LoopEdge navigation panel, go to System > Device Management.
- Under Cloud Activation, paste the activation code from the clipboard. Click Activate.
A LoopEdge DataHub Cloud Connector automatically gets created, but is disabled by default.
- In the navigation panel, go to DataHub.
- In the Cloud Connector's Actions list, select Enable.
Check the Connection
- Check Device Mngmt > Devices on LoopCloud to ensure that the connection works. A green status indicates that the MQTT connection works.
- Click the device id to view device info. This ensures that the LWM2M connection works.
- Click the Explore tab to view OMA LWM2M objects and to execute commands. Try Reboot to remotely reboot your device, and make sure that you can issue commands through LWM2M to your LoopEdge device.