Before you can add a Device to a Project in LoopCloud, Device Models must be created. Models are specific to a project. A device model must be created you must add at least one Device Model to a LoopCloud Project.
You must add a device model to initiate a communication channel for the device PLC devices to connect to LoopCloud with specific protocol parameter settings. Standard protocols include: HTTP, HTTPS, MQTT, MQTTS, LWM2M, LWM2M with DTLS. In addition, custom data blocks can be configured. Additional protocol descriptions can be found in:
- for Device Connectivity
- Loop and IoT Standards Compliance
When you configure a model, choose from a predefined set. A JSON file with configuration parameters can be downloaded and this file can be used to set up your device. You can also supply parameters, if your device requires additional key-value pairs.
A model You cannot be deleted if it is being used by delete if a device . The device must be deleted before the model can be removedis currently using it. You must delete the device first to proceed with removing the model.
The LoopCloud currently supports the following model types are supported in LoopCloud.:
Create a Model for a Project
Several options can be chosen when creating a model. For the purpose of this example, the You can choose between several options when creating LoopCloud device models. The following steps cover a basic configuration.
- Click the company name at the top of the LoopCloud window.
- Click a Project.
- In the navigation panel, select Configuration > Models.
- Select the LOOPEDGE tab. See also, Model Types.
- Click New Model.
- In the Device Model Editor, select the CONFIG tab.
- Enter a Model Name.
- Click a checkbox from the Predefined Sets list to select a model Model and view its JSON code.
- Click Save.
This example shows the JSON code for the MQTT TLS/SSL connection parameters selection.
Change the Model Image
To easily identify a device's model, a You can upload a specific graphics file, such as a vendor 's image, can be uploaded and inserted into the project's model. Standard and attach it to a LoopCloud model. LoopCloud supports standard image formats, such as jpg and gif, are supported.
Generic Model Image
To change a model's image:
- Click the company Company name at the top of the LoopCloud window.
- Click a Project.
- In the navigation panel, select Select Configuration > Models.
- Find the model to be updated and click . Click the small camera icon at the bottom of the model card.
- Click Select Image and then select a saved image.
- Click Upload.