Steps to Configure LoopEdge to LoopCloud Connectivity
It is recommended to log in to We recommend logging into both LoopCloud and LoopEdge at this time so that you can copy and paste the required information for connecting these platforms.
Create a LWM2M. DTLS connection. Pre-shared keys mode Model. It is also recommended to add MQTT connection parameters to the model. See Create a Device Model for further details.
- From the LoopEdge model, create a LoopEdge Device. See Add a Device from a Model.
- In the LoopCloud navigation panel, go to Device Mgmt > Devices to view the newly created device in the list.
In the device's Action list, click Status and select Activate.
Note title Note This one-time-only code is will only be valid for only the next 60 seconds. Be sure to take the following LoopEdge steps immediately, or have the . We recommend having the LoopEdge window open in your browser already.
In the Activation Code pop-up, click theicon to copy the code to the clipboard.
- In the LoopEdge navigation panel, go to System > Device Management.
- Under Cloud Activation, paste the activation code from the clipboard. Click Activate.
LoopEdge will automatically create a DataHub Cloud Connector automatically gets created, but is it will be disabled by default.
- In the navigation panel, go Go to DataHub.in the LoopEdge Navigation Panel
- In the Cloud Connector's Actions list, select Enable.
Check Device Mngmt > Devices on LoopCloud to ensure that the connection works. A green status indicates that the MQTT connection works. Mouse over the status icon to view the full activation and connection status:
Info title Status Box Details:
Status: ACTIVE OFFLINE or ACTIVE ONLINE. Indicates if the there is an active MQTT connection to the device is active. The Status icon will turn green when it is ACTIVE ONLINE.
Activation: UNACTIVATED or ACTIVATED. Indicates if a LoopCloud user has copied the activation code for the device from the status menu has been used yet.
LWM2M Client Address: The IP address for the LWM2M client associated with this the LoopCloud device.
MQTT Client Address: The IP address for the MQTT client associated with this the LoopCloud device.
- Click the device id to view device info. This ensures that the LWM2M connection works.
- Click the Explore tab to view OMA LWM2M objects and to execute commands. Try Reboot to remotely reboot your device, and LoopCloud-enabled device. This will make sure that you can issue commands through LWM2M to your LoopEdge device.