Frequently Asked Questions about LoopInsights:
Must I purchase an add-on license in order to get LoopInsights?
- No. LoopInsights comes bundled with LoopCloud and simply needs to be activated. See LoopInsights Prerequisites.
How can I determine which datasource ID to choose when adding a chart (slice)?
- The datasource ID maps to a project. In LoopCloud, select the project to view the datasource ID embedded in the browser URL.
What are SUM and AVG for?
LoopInsights provides SQL aggregate functions to visualize calculations using the set of values sent to charts on LoopInsights. You can specify a timeframe on LoopInsights charts to determine the values to aggregate with SQL functions.
- AVG - displays the average value of the data set.
- SUM - displays the SUM of the data set.
What is the difference between a slice and a chart?
- The menu item, Slices, was renamed to Charts in a recent release. For backward compatibility, Slice and Chart are used interchangeably.
Do you have documentation of the types of charts that are available in LoopInsights so I can browse through them?
- Yes. See .
Can I configure alerts in LoopInsights?
- LoopInsights does not have an alerting feature. You can configure alerts in LoopCloud to have incidents exposed to LoopInsights.
What is the difference between the time columns, event_date and time_stamp, in LoopInsights charts?
- event_date is the date of an event, just date without time
time_stamp is the date and time of the eventUsing event_date for small intervals, such as last N minutes or hours can produce unexpected results.
For example, if you create a chart and set Since to 1 minute ago and Until to Now, if you use event_date you will get the average value of the metric for the last day. If you use time_stamp for the same conditions you will get the average value of the metric for the last minute.