The LoopEdge edge-level operating system seamlessly collects data from industrial devices (such as sensors and PLCs) and integrates the data into the cloud or into on-premise enterprise systems, enabling data processing at the edge.
- LoopEdge is an operating system that can run on a variety of commercially available industrial devices (Intel, ARM).
- The LoopEdge operating system installed on the device enables users to create custom flows of data from industrial devices connected to custom applications.
- Data processing applications are either developed by customers or can be downloaded from the marketplace.
- The device on which LoopEdge is installed often may be referred to as the LoopEdge gateway.
- To avoid confusion in this documentation, the term gateway is used to refer to the network gateway and the terms Industrial PC (IPC) and LoopEdge device are used interchangeably to refer to the device on which LoopEdge is installed.
Deployment details include:
Device Acquisition and Deployment
Litmus Automation offers several LoopEdge deployment options:
- Pre-Installed on a device - An end user purchases a device directly from Litmus Automation or via one of its distribution partners. LoopEdge software is pre-installed on the device. See Log in to LoopEdge.
- USB flash drive or ISO image installation - See Install LoopEdge from a USB Drive.
- The eth0 Ethernet interface is required for first-time bootup for DNS resolution.
LoopEdge Device Access
- Log in to the the LoopEdge device via a browser on the same network as the LoopEdge device using the steps listed in Log in to LoopEdge.
- Explore some of the LoopEdge features:
LoopEdge Firmware Upgrades
To upgrade the LoopEdge firmware, see the instructions on the Device Reboot & Upgrade page.