Use Device Management features to manage LoopEdge functions integrated with LoopCloud.
Device management is used for:
- Activating a LoopEdge device for remote access in the cloud.
- Getting updates using LWM2M (Lightweight Machine to Machine).
- Managing the LoopEdge device, such as rebooting the device or executing a factory reset. See Device Reboot & Upgrade.
Cloud activation accomplishes the following:
- Creates a LoopEdge DataHub Cloud Connector to communicate with LoopCloud.
- Configures a LoopEdge device so that users can have remote access from anywhere in the world.
Once a LoopEdge device has been cloud-activated, it can be accessed remotely from anywhere in the world.
The status of the device's connection includes the last activity, last status change, last message, last status, and status code.
The following device management functions can be executed on the LoopEdge system.
- Revert to factory settings
- Upload firmware
Details for the LoopEdge system are listed within the Security, Server, and Device categories. Various objects can be obtained using the LWM2M protocol from the device. A detailed list can be obtained from the device on bootstrap, made available under the object instances table. The data can be sent to
litmus.pro upon bootstrap. The objects can be controlled from the cloud using LWM2M.
Expand the categories to view details, as shown in the following expanded Device list.
Various object values can be retrieved from the LoopEdge device using the LWM2M protocol. A detailed list can be obtained from the device on bootstrap, as listed in the object instances table. The objects can be controlled from the cloud using LWM2M.