Device groups enable batch mode device management. Batch device management enables efficient command execution against a group of similar devices through MQTT and LWM2M.
- MQTT commands send raw payload, which can be bytes or strings to the device MQTT request (req) topic.
- LWM2M commands perform LWM2M end-point proxy calls via the LoopCloud device management module
Define a Device Group Using Tags
Define a group of devices using LoopCloud tags.
To tag devices:
- In the navigation panel, select: Device Management > Devices.
- Click a device ID.
- In the device INFO tab, add a device tag and click Save.
- Repeat these steps with the same tag name, for each device to be included in a group.