What is DataHub?
- DataHub enables northbound cloud connectivity. Use DataHub to send edge-level data securely to LoopCloud.
- DataHub enables local connections to the cloud using the MQTT protocol. DataHub buffers the data and if the connection drops out, no data is ever lost. DataHub enables LoopEdge to run offline, but can push all offline data to the cloud once an internet connection is established. This helps in situations where network connectivity is not always reliable.
- The capacity of the data is limited by the hardware footprint and the data is discarded on a first-in first-out basis. To visualize these connections: Use LoopEdge Flows to Visualize Data Flows.
DataHub Cloud Connector
LoopEdge DataHub’s native Cloud Connector collects data from the local message broker and database to push to the cloud via MQTT, REST, or AMQP. The Cloud Connector gets configured using the JSON file that is created from a LoopCloud model and device configuration. This JSON file populates the Cloud Connector with the required message parameters.
A Cloud Connector can have topics that establish communication with the local message broker. The topic for a Cloud Connector is derived from the DeviceHub Tag's Raw Topic.
Configure LoopEdge DataHub to Connect with LoopCloud
The following diagram illustrates the configurations required to send LoopEdge data to LoopCloud.
- The left side of this diagram illustrates how LoopEdge can be viewed without access to LoopCloud.
- The right side illustrates configurations for LoopEdge-to-LoopCloud connectivity.