Activating a device on LoopCloud enables seamless integration between the device and LoopCloud. While it is possible to manually configure the connection by manually adding a cloud connector yourself, device activation will automatically set up Cloud Connectors for you.
This page details the instructions for configuring cloud connectivity for LoopEdge-to-LoopCloud connectivity.
Configure Cloud Connectivity
Steps to Configure LoopEdge to LoopCloud Connectivity
We recommend logging into both LoopCloud and LoopEdge at this time so that you can copy and paste the required information for connecting these platforms.
Create a LWM2M. DTLS connection. Pre-shared keys mode Model. It is also recommended to add MQTT connection parameters to the model. See Create a Device Model for further details.
- From the LoopEdge model, create a LoopEdge Device. See Add a Device from a Model.
- In the LoopCloud navigation panel, go to Device Mgmt > Devices to view the newly created device in the list.
In the Action list, click Status and select Activate.
NoteThis one-time-only code will only be valid for the next 60 seconds. Be sure to take the following LoopEdge steps immediately. We recommend having the LoopEdge window open in your browser already.
In the Activation Code pop-up, click theicon to copy the code to the clipboard.
- In the LoopEdge navigation panel, go to System > Device Management.
- Under Cloud Activation, paste the activation code from the clipboard. Click Activate.
LoopEdge will automatically create a DataHub Cloud Connector, but it will be disabled by default.
- Go to DataHub.in the LoopEdge Navigation Panel
- In the Cloud Connector's Actions list, select Enable.
Check the Connection
Check Device Mngmt > Devices on LoopCloud to ensure that the connection works. A green status indicates that the MQTT connection works. Mouse over the status icon to view the full activation and connection status:
Status Box Details:
Status: ACTIVE OFFLINE or ACTIVE ONLINE. Indicates if there is an active MQTT connection to the device. The Status icon will turn green when it is ACTIVE ONLINE.
Activation: UNACTIVATED or ACTIVATED. Indicates if a LoopCloud user has copied the activation code for the device from the status menu.
LWM2M Client Address: The IP address for the LWM2M client associated with the LoopCloud device.
MQTT Client Address: The IP address for the MQTT client associated with the LoopCloud device.
- Click the device id to view device info. This ensures that the LWM2M connection works.
- Click the Explore tab to view OMA LWM2M objects and to execute commands. Try Reboot to remotely reboot your LoopCloud-enabled device. This will make sure that you can issue commands through LWM2M to your LoopEdge device.